US Travel Market - January 2010
This report explores the US domestic travel market. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting domestic travel sales, consumption, consumer trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What is the effect of the economic downturn on the overall market
- How is the rise of video conferencing affecting business travel
- What segments of the domestic market are stagnating, and what can be done to increase activity
- How can companies use social media more to their favor in promoting travel vacations and rates
- How is the rise in ticketing fees and overall price points affecting travel volume
- How can travel operators take advantage of the economic downturn to appeal to consumers seeking budget-conscious travel options
- What states receive the greatest travel volume? Which ones receive the least?
- What are the reasons why people may not be traveling domestically these days and are terrorism and the H1N1 swine flu crisis affecting travel more than the recession
- How are consumers traveling domestically and how much are they spending per trip
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.