Utility Capital Expenditure (Industrial Report) - UK - July 2014
“The approach to infrastructure investment is in transition across the utility industry. Whereas spending in the past was mainly output-driven, future investment decisions will be more centred on innovation, asset optimisation and long-term outcomes. The rising pressure from industry regulators to reduce costs for consumers is a further challenge facing operators across the industry."
– Claudia Preedy, Industrial Analyst
This report will explore the following key questions with regard to Utility Capital Expenditure in the UK:
- What are the key drivers for capital investment in the water and sewerage industry?
- What are the key drivers for network investment in the electricity transmission and distribution sector?
- What are the drivers for capital investment in the gas supply and distribution industry?
- How will changes in the regulatory environment affect the approach to capital investment?
- How does environmental legislation and regulations affect the utility industry?
- What are the expenditure plans for the forthcoming regulatory control period?
This report is segmented between the following sectors:
- Water and Sewerage
- Electricity Transmission and Distribution
- Gas Transmission and Distribution
The definitions of each area of expenditure tends to vary between the individual market sectors and can be broadly categorised as follows:
Take a look inside a sample report
Mintel’s consumer reports deliver insight and expert analysis into key consumer trends and behaviour in your marketplace, in addition to an overview of the market data and key brands. Mintel’s consumer reports provide you with easily digestible information to guide your future innovation and move your business forward.Download now
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.