Vehicle Financing - US - December 2010
This report explores the vehicle financing market in the U.S. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting vehicle sales, financing options and trends and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What will most impact the future growth of the vehicle financing sector and the larger automotive industry in light of the recent successes of both Ford and GM when consumers are still struggling in the New Normal economy?
- To what extent will the prospective vehicle buyer begin to seriously do business with credit unions and new forms of financing, such as peer-to-peer financing now being sold via the internet? If these sectors become more prominent in the business, what will that signal to the larger banking and financing arms of the automotive companies?
- How is the industry preparing for a consumer economy where credit scores are dropping, making fewer eligible for the good deals and low interest rates currently being advertised by the automakers?
- Will the landscape become even more competitive in the months and years ahead among vehicle financing operations or divisions, and will more industries find it advantageous to develop innovative products for the hopefully recovering, but recession-wary American buyer?
- How are prospective buyers learning from the internet about financing options? To what extent are the dealer and lending sites responsive to the needs of consumers when bringing the internet into their purchasing decisions?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.