Vending - US - October 2009
Vending machines are so much a part of everyday life, they may be overlooked or forgotten by many consumers. However, they offer convenient 24-7 access to beverages, food and a growing number of non-food products, and form a significant $14.4 billion industry – which is currently adjusting to a brutal economy and significant changes in its customer base. In this report, Mintel provides an overview of market trends and recommended strategies for future success in the full-line vending sector, including:
- Sales trends among key product categories including hot and cold beverages, snacks, food and more
- Competing retailers and products, such as fast-food restaurants, convenience stores and individual-sized snack packages sold at retail, along with opportunities for differentiation
- Current leading players in the vending sector, along with emerging players and trends that have introduced new innovations into the market
- Key factors impacting the full-line vending, including the role that spiking unemployment rates and a severe recession are having on vending purchases as well as health and environmental concerns
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.