Vitamins and Supplements - UK - September 2011
This report covers the following vitamin and supplement sectors:
- Vitamins – multivitamins and single dose vitamins (ie vitamins A, B C, D, E etc).
- Minerals – ie iron, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, selenium.
- Dietary supplements - Includes supplements such as cod liver oil, fish oils, gamma-linolenic acids (GLAs), evening primrose oil, glucosamine, and herbs such as garlic, ginseng and ginger.
These products have GSL status, ie they are available on open sale in all types of outlets including grocers, pharmacies and drugstores.
Unless a medicinal claim is made for the products, vitamins and supplements are not classified as medicines and, therefore, are not subject to the Medicines Act 1968, or the Medicines for Human Use Regulations 1994. They are, however, controlled by the Food Safety Act 1990, and therefore have to be fit for human consumption.
- Miscellaneous products claiming to be ‘vitamin-enriched’ or ‘performance-enhancing’
- Homeopathic and herbal remedies.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.