Vitamins and Supplements - UK - September 2016
“Increased NPD and investment in marketing helped return healthy growth to the vitamins and supplements market in 2015. Demographically positioned vitamins proved among the biggest success stories of the year, reflecting consumer demand for more targeted health solutions and indicating that brands could generate more interest in the category by exploring more specific gender- and age-related claims.”
– Jack Duckett, Senior Consumer Lifestyles Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- Exploring more specific demographic issues
- Appealing to a wider male audience
Demographic-specific supplements were amongst the biggest success stories of the year, underlining consumer demand for more targeted health solutions. To maintain this momentum, brands could benefit from greater demographic segmentation to address more age- and gender-related needs.
This Report covers the following vitamins and supplements sectors:
- Vitamins – multivitamins and single-dose vitamins (ie Vitamins A, B C, D, E etc).
- Minerals – ie iron, zinc, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, selenium.
- Dietary supplements – includes supplements such as cod liver oil, fish oils, gamma-linolenic acids (GLAs), evening primrose oil, glucosamine and herbs such as garlic, ginseng and ginger.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.