Vitamins, Minerals and Supplements - US - October 2016
"VMS (vitamins, minerals, and supplements) is a trend-driven industry hinging on the latest health fad such as today’s emphasis on digestive health and supplements containing beauty benefits. While its growth has been steady, certain players are faring better than others by meeting consumers’ needs for convenience and fun, in addition to focusing on the product segments they want most. While most consumers use VMS, there are opportunities to increase consumption through better product benefit communication and format innovations."
- Jana Vyleta, Home & Personal Care Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- 2016 sales see similar growth rate to 2015
- Brands challenged to confirm efficacy
- Consumers believe VMS improves health, but don’t know if they’re working
This Report includes nonprescription, OTC (over-the-counter) vitamins, minerals, and supplements in all formats including liquid, tablet, gummy, or chewables. The market has been divided into the following segments:
- Vitamins: including multivitamins (products that contain a combination of vitamins in one), and one- and two-letter vitamins (products that contain only one or two specific letter vitamins, such as vitamin C tablets);
- Minerals: supplements based on mineral ingredients (eg calcium, iron);
- Dietary supplements: such as CoQ-10, glucosamine and chondroitin products, and other specific supplements; targeted supplement combinations, such as women’s health or joint health formulations.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.