Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements - US - September 2017
Sales are beginning to slow as Mintel estimates growth for the vitamins, minerals, and supplements market in 2017. Consumer struggles with trust, cost, and the shopping experience are a challenge to the category, although many still believe in the benefits of these products. To best position themselves, category players should emphasize natural qualities, transparency, and online sales to drive growth.
This report looks at the following areas:
- Category is growing, though at slower rates
- Several purchase factors are at play making purchase decisions challenging
- Trust and expense are barriers despite benefit perceptions
This Report includes non-prescription, OTC (over-the-counter) vitamins, minerals, and supplements in all formats including liquid, tablet, gummy, or chewables. The market has been divided into the following segments:
- Vitamins: including multivitamins (products that contain a combination of vitamins in one), and one- and two-letter vitamins (products that contain only one or two specific letter vitamins, such as vitamin C tablets);
- Minerals: supplements based on mineral ingredients (eg calcium, iron);
- Dietary supplements: such as CoQ-10, glucosamine and chondroitin products, and other specific supplements; targeted supplement combinations, such as women's health or joint health formulations; and herbs/botanicals, such as Echinacea and St. John's Wort.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.