Washers and Dryers - US - August 2010
The market for washers and dryers saw shipments fall from 2007-09 as the collapse of the housing market and slumping consumer confidence drove demand down. There have however been tentative signs of recovery in 2010 and there is certainly pent-up demand building. This report examines the impact of the downturn on the market and analyzes new consumer data to probe the best areas and strategies for future growth. It looks at which demographic groups warrant the greatest focus and which features are likely to appeal to them. It examines how energy efficiency and other features are becoming ever more prominent in major product lines and what implications this has for future growth opportunities.
Consumer data is analyzed by key demographic groups to probe questions such as:
- What have been the trends in ownership and purchasing over the past decade and especially over the past two years?
- What life events motivate a higher level of purchasing of washers and dryers?
- Which consumer groups are most likely to base purchasing decisions on resource conservation, appearance or noise reduction?
- Which consumers are most interested in steam cycles or other features accommodating different types of clothes?
- Which consumer groups are willing to pay more for products that are energy efficient machines, front-loading, combination or have cycles that reduce allergies or kill microbes?
- What are consumer attitudes related to brand? To purchasing appliances in sets?
- How much research do consumers undertake prior to purchase and which consumer groups are most likely to undertake their research in-store or online?
- Which consumers are most likely to be poised to purchase a new appliance if their financial situation improves?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.