Waste Management - UK - June 2016
“Investment in new waste treatment infrastructure is expected to slow over the next few years as the requirements for municipal residual processing infrastructure are close to being met. According to Eunomia‘s eighth Residual Waste Infrastructure Review, published in June 2015, the UK is just three years away from eliminating the residual waste treatment gap. However, this claim is opposed by a number of firms in the waste industry including Veolia, SUEZ, and the Green Investment Bank (GIB).”
– Claudia Preedy, B2B Analyst
This report looks at the following areas:
- Following the referendum vote to leave the EU in June 2016, is the UK still expected to implement elements of the EU Circular Economy package in a future waste policy?
- Is investment in the UK waste treatment infrastructure set to slow over the next few years?
- Has the “landfill tax escalator” encouraged increased investment in alternative treatment facilities?
- What have been the recent trends in M&A activity in the waste management sector?
- Are households with less frequent residual bin collections likely to recycle more?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.