Water Filtration - US - January 2011
Despite the recession, over the past five years several factors have played an important role in the expansion of the water filtration market. Bad press around bottled water, alarming facts about tap water quality and rising economic and environmental concerns have made many consumers switch to filtered water. In addition, the emergence of new and innovative players has made filtration products even more attractive to consumers. Yet, there are still many opportunities and much room for growth.
This report examines the latest innovations in products, branding, marketing and advertising approaches and identifies where opportunity lies. It also looks at which demographic groups warrant the greatest focus and which features are likely to appeal to them.
Some of the topics covered in this report include:
- How are market forces reshaping the water filtration market?
- How are innovations changing the current market scenario?
- Who owns filtration products, who does not and why?
- What motivates different consumer groups to purchase water filtration products?
- What are consumers’ attitudes and behaviors towards tap water, bottled water and filters/purifiers?
- Which consumer groups are likely to have been reached by marketing efforts and which groups have not?
- What do consumers think about water and energy conservation?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.