Web Aggregators - UK - November 2010
This report uses Mintel’s exclusively commissioned consumer research to provide an insight into aggregator usage, the approach taken to online research and purchasing, aggregator purchasing considerations and general attitudes towards aggregators. The sector’s key players are considered in terms of both recent activity and also a wider brand analysis. Broader issues such as online trends and the performance of key aggregator markets are also examined.
- Financial confidence is much more likely to drive aggregator usage than technological savviness.
- Three quarters of internet users begin their search for financial products online, but only a three in ten go straight to a comparison site.
- Customer loyalty is low in the aggregator sector. More than two thirds of users admit to visiting several different sites in order to research a market.
- Most people weigh up a number of considerations when using price comparison sites – with accurate quotations, the cheapest price and clear and transparent comparisons at the front of mind.
- A quarter of people admit to using the internet to research financial products but then switching to offline channels in order to conclude a purchase.
- People tend to associate price comparison sites with time-saving and convenience, although relatively few people link them with being trustworthy or transparent.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.