Western Spirits - China - September 2016
“China’s Western spirits market is under pressure and reflects how the anti-extravagance campaign has affected the luxury sector. Market recovery has been seen and future growth can be projected based on current forecasts and trends, such as premiumisation in the non-business sector and positive consumer indicators. While the bulk of the market is represented by leading market players, they still need to earn consumer trust and confidence, by educating and providing sufficient brand and product knowledge via marketing, diversifying occasions and channels to grasp sales, and improving positive attitudes, and so on. There is scope for growth of Western spirits in China, and increasingly sophisticated Chinese consumers mean that there is market space for innovation and experimentation.”
– Lei Li, Research Analyst
This report discusses the following key topics:
- How to position Western spirits under anti-extravagance
- How to target women drinkers creatively
- How to effectively use online channels to promote Western spirits
This Report covers all Western spirits (distilled beverages) and liqueurs (flavoured with fruit and herbs) in both retail and on-trade (HoReCa) channels, produced in Western markets and then sold in China, as follows:
- Anis/absinthe includes absinthe, arak and similar spirits.
- Brandies and Brandy type. This includes spirits derived from grapes/grape skins and includes Cognac, Armagnac, fruit-based and traditional brandies and related spirits.
- Rum/sugar cane-based spirits. This includes white and dark rum, aguardiente and other local, sugar cane-based spirits.
- Tequila includes tequila of all ages.
- Vodka-based spirits include premium, standard and economy vodkas, aquavit and Scandinavian schnapps.
- Whiskies include Scotch whisky, Irish whiskey, bourbon and other local whiskies.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.