Wine, Cocktail and Champagne Bars - UK - July 2010
- British out-of-home drinkers are habitual with seven out of ten stating that they usually drink the same thing.
- The theatre of cocktail making is the main draw for two thirds of the 6.5 million consumers that have drunk cocktail in the last year.
- Just under 4 million cocktail drinkers are put off ordering them more often due to the cost, proving that cocktails have a problem with price perception.
- Happy hour promotions proved popular with just over a third of cocktail drinkers, while four in ten were in favour of reducing the price of their favourite cocktails buy using cheaper spirits.
- The current trend in the market is for cocktails with a twist, which should appeal to the 50% of drinkers who are unadventurous and say that they just stick to the cocktails they know and like.
- Only 3% of British wine drinkers would consider themselves to be connoisseurs, suggesting the wine bars should look to incorporate an element of education into their offer to attract more of the less confident majority.
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.