Wine - US - October 2011
In 2011, the wine market exhibited small growth of 0.9%. The market has experienced a slowdown in growth since 2006, which could be attributed to the recession where wine has suffered in on-premise channels. In contrast, domestic wine has fared well as the “buy local” trend becomes more popular due to budget constraints, as well as low-carbon footprints of the product. This report provides an up-close look at these factors and other issues in the wine market, including:
- Wine consumption trends among adults
- Domestic wine performance compared to imported wine performance
- How age, gender, household income and ethnicity affect wine preferences, particularly among the key groups of Millennials, older adults and affluent households
- Types of advertising and other promotional strategies, both traditional and online/mobile
- Wine drinkers’ interest in different types of wine packaging
- Wine drinkers’ attitudes toward wine attributes such as sophistication, quality, fun factor and value for money, from different countries
- The most popular price segment for wine drinkers
- The role of wine on-premise and in various retail channels, including the highly restrictive and limited ecommerce market
- Consumers’ attitudes toward pricing and marketing
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.