Wireless Connectivity Inside Cars - US - November 2010
This report explores the wireless information and entertainment platforms inside vehicles. It provides insight into the external and internal factors affecting their development and what they mean for future sales, promotional campaigns and industry innovations. Specific questions that are answered in this report include, but are not limited to, the following:
- What are the dashboard systems developed by the leading U.S. and foreign-owned automakers?
- How do they work, what do they offer and are they available to consumers for free or through subscription?
- What features are consumers willing to pay more for if they were available through voice command or a touch screen? What features do consumers want as standard? What features are consumers not interested in at all?
- What type of wireless technology do consumers currently have in their vehicle?
- How are consumers using that wireless technology and how does that behavior suggest what consumers may need in the future development of that technology?
- When are consumers expecting to purchase their next vehicle? Will the vehicle purchased be used or new?
- How are automakers shifting their marketing message of their dashboard systems to appeal to younger car buyers?
- What media are industry leaders using to deliver effective marketing campaigns, and what actions need to be taken to improve visibility?
- Why are the advancements in smart phone technology helping automakers in how they are designing their vehicle systems?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.