Women's Facial Skincare - UK - July 2019
Covered in this report
For the purposes of this report, Mintel’s definition of facial skincare includes:
- Cleansers, including scrubs, washes, wipes, makeup remover and facial soaps
- Masks and treatments
- Specialised products such as lip salves, eye care and antiageing products
- Medicated skincare
Please note that for the ease of market categorisation from a product and brand perspective, this report refers to premium and mass products. For the purpose of this report:
- Top-end prices and high brand status define prestige products. They are typically sold behind the counter in department stores with specialised sales assistants. Prestige brands include Clinique (Estée Lauder) and Lancôme (L’Oréal)
- Mass products are more typically priced at the lower end of the spectrum and are sold in self-serve formats in mass retail outlets including supermarkets and high street chemists such as Boots and Superdrug. Mass brands include NIVEA (Beiersdorf) and Olay (Procter & Gamble)
“The market’s previous trajectory for growth has been short-lived, and the market is expected to decline to an estimated £1.16 billion in 2019. The move away from K-Beauty-inspired routines has been driven by women’s evolving interest in radiance and glow. Serums and oils are the formats chosen to create this look, while other products have been dropped from the routine in favour of lifestyle changes.”
– Alex Fisher, Associate Director BPC
This report examines the following issues:
- Wipes are on the naughty list
- Deconstructed skincare
- Glow minimises care routine
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.