Women's Underwear - US - December 2009
The U.S. women’s undergarment market has, like many other categories, been affected by the lingering recession affecting every aspect of the U.S. economy. The media covered several similar reports about how the men’s underwear market reflected declining sales because many males avoided replacement purchases during the recession. Journalists humorously noted that while men will wear their undergarments until they are thread-bare, women are not as likely to eschew replacement purchases. Despite the female preference to maintain a respectable underwear collection, growth slowed significantly in 2008 and the beginning half of 2009.
This report offers analysis of the following relevant topics:
- How manufacturers and retailers are using not only their own websites but also sites like Youtube.com for promotional and advertising purposes
- How vendors are balancing basics with necessity, and the latest industry buzz-phrase
- What the latest trends are and where the undergarment market is heading
- How Victoria’s Secret has acknowledged the recession in its advertising, and whether or not they’ve done so effectively
- The place of mass merchandisers and how they’re maintaining their top position in sales of women’s undergarments
- The role of the consumer in the market, including how buying decisions are made and what specific factors are most influential when making purchases
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.