World Cuisines - UK - March 2019
Covered in this report
This report examines the UK retail market for world cuisine foods. For the purpose of this report, world foods are defined as beyond European and North American foods. The market size covers the following types of cuisines:
- Chinese food – includes Peking, Cantonese and other Chinese variations
- Indian food
- Mexican/Tex-Mex food
- Other Oriental/international food
The following food categories are covered in the market size:
- Ready meals – ambient, chilled and frozen ready meals. This also includes meal kits, chilled and ambient, which contain ingredients for specific ethnic dishes
- Cooking sauces – wet sauces (including pour-over and stir-fry), cooking pastes and dry sauces that are added to vegetables, meat or fish, in jars, tins or sachets/pouches
- Accompaniments/ingredients – Chinese crackers, chutneys and pickles, poppadoms, salsa, condiments/sauces, seasonings/spices, breads (including naan, chapattis, tortillas), Mexican chips/taco shells and other ethnic cooking ingredients (eg coconut milk/cream)
“Recipe promotions for world cuisine dishes with all the ingredients located together in-store are a highly attractive proposition for shoppers. These will encourage experimentation while tapping into consumers’ desire to become more knowledgeable about world cuisines. Inspiration for meals which are authentically healthy, good value for money and meat-free/vegan will appeal widely.”
– Emma Clifford, Associate Director – UK Food and Drink
This report looks at the following areas:
Companies should be more active in capitalising on the meat reduction trend
Feeding consumers’ hunger to become more knowledgeable will build engagement
Food pairing suggestions can span beyond the usual world cuisine accompaniments
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.