Yogurt and Yogurt Drinks - US - August 2012
While sales in a variety of CPG categories declined in response to the economic downturn, the yogurt category has proven to be quite resilient. U.S. retail sales of yogurt drinks reached nearly $6.4 billion in 2011, up 31% from 2007.
While this growth and the BFY trend indicate there are significant opportunities for manufacturers, it is also evident that this is a highly competitive category in which achieving success requires a keen understanding of key consumer and industry trends. This report examines these trends and related factors. More specifically, the report addresses the following questions:
- How have sales fluctuated in recent years and how are they likely to change between 2012 and 2017?
- How are macro-level economic and demographic trends impacting sales?
- What are the leading brands in the category, and how have they achieved dominance?
- What types of new products are manufacturers bringing to market, and how is innovation driving sales growth?
- How has yogurt usage fluctuated among adults and teens in recent years?
- What consumer segments over-index and under-index on yogurt and yogurt drink use?
- How are various yogurt-related attitudes and behaviors impacting consumer decision-making?
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.