Yogurt and Yogurt Drinks - US - August 2014
“The largest percentage of yogurt and yogurt drink users do so for health reasons. Some 44% say they use products in the category because they are healthier than other snack options. Treat positioning is the consumption driver for a smaller 33% of consumers.”
- Beth Bloom, Food and Drink Analyst
This report answers the following questions:
- Should the category focus on health or indulgence?
- What follows Greek?
- How strong is the demand for non-dairy offerings?
- Yogurt: sold in cups or tubes; meant to be spooned, squeezed, or "slurped."
- Greek-style yogurt is included as part of this segment.
- Yogurt drinks: refrigerated yogurt products in a liquid, drinkable form. These products may include fruit or fruit-flavoring; includes yogurt "smoothies."
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
Why buy from us?
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.