Yogurt - US - November 2009
Yogurt sales continue to rise as more Americans become aware of yogurt’s health benefits. The U.S. yogurt market reached an estimated $4.1 billion in 2009 in FDMx. In this report Mintel discusses how consumer trends, the economy, and new product trends are influencing the yogurt market. In addition to presenting sales data by segment, supplier and brand, the report considers a range of topics, including:
- The size of the yogurt market and growth forecast through 2014
- How the economic recession has hurt certain segments of the yogurt market while giving others a boost
- Why small premium brands and private label are driving growth at the expense of the market leaders
- How new product trends, including natural/organic, functional, just-for-kids and indulgent dessert yogurts, are changing the look of the yogurt aisle
- How probiotic yogurt sales will be affected following the recent lawsuit against Dannon alleging it overstated the health benefits of Activia and DanActive probiotic yogurts
- How three Greek-style yogurt brands—Chobani, Fage Total and The Greek Gods—have differentiated themselves from other yogurts and each other and positioned themselves for growth
- Why consumers aged 45+ are an excellent target for yogurt manufacturers
What you get
This market report provides in-depth analysis and insight supported by a range of data. At the same time, introductory and top-level content is provided to give you an overview of the issues covered.
Mintel provides a range of market information, frequently through the category level, including market size and forecasting, complete with market drivers that illustrate the forces that shape a category or market.
Mintel's proprietary consumer research provides our analysts with the attitudinal and behavioral data used to provide valuable insight to topical issues.
Mintel provides overviews of the top brands and manufacturers, and uses consumer research to explore attitudes and reactions to brands, as well as insight into what will resonate with consumers.
Market reports provide appendices of data to support the research and insight produced. Our tables of data are easily manipulated and downloadable to support your research needs and covers factors from consumer attitudes to market forecasts.
* This is a sample representation of the report layout and does not reflect the research included in this report.
Why buy from us?
Our reports will provide you with market data, consumer research and competitive intelligence to succeed in your market.
Buy now and you'll have instant access to the information you need to make the right decisions.
Find out what's next in the markets that matter to you: where opportunities lie and what challenges you will face.
A business Superbrand, Mintel is a source you can trust. We have been defining and refining the Market Intelligence mix since 1972.